This is most important for all agriculture exams like ICAR-JRF/SRF, AFO, JET, PAT, UPPSC, FCI, CCI, NSC, IFFCO, etc.
- Castor Capsule borerIntroduction •Damage caused by : Caterpillar Identification •Larvae : – full-grown 25-30 mm length, reddish brown, with black blotches all over the body •Adult – Moths are orange yellow with black spot Life cycle Damage •Capsule with bore holes •Damaged capsules webbed together •Peduncle and capsules showing galleries made of silk and frass Management •Spray […]
- Groundnut Aphid•Serious pests •Distribution and status: India, Africa, Argentina, Chile, U.S.A. Europe and Australia. •Host Plants: Groundnut, beans, safflower, lablab, niger, peas, pulses and some weeds. •Vector of virus disease known as the rossette of groundnut. Symptoms of damage • • Wilting of tender shoots during hot weather • Stunting and distortion of the […]
- Caster semilooperIntroduction •Distribution and status: India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines. •Host range: Castor, rose, pomegranate, tea, citrus, mango, Cadiospermum helicacabum Identification •Larva: semilooper with varying shades of colour with black head. Abdomen has a red spot on the third abdominal segment and red tubercules in the anal region • •Adult: pale reddish brown […]
- Pink bollwormeIntroduction Identification Life cycle Damage Management Download Pdf
- Red cotton bugIntroduction Identification Life cycle Damage Management •Plough the field to expose the eggs •Spray phosphamidon 40 SL 600 ml/ha